Monday, May 24, 2010

Window - fullscreen?

I have Half-Life 1 installed on my computer (WinXP Home,SP2) and I started it with "C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -dev -console -nointro -startwindowed" and I discovered windowed mode does not work well with 1024x768/800x600. I reinstalled half-life and took the "-startwindowed" out of the line. I also instead, used the original start menu shortcut, but still, no luck. I restarted my computer before and after I reinstalled it and the game is not working yet. What do I need to do to either resize the window or stop this from happening

Window - fullscreen?
goto windows help and in there there is a tool to get old programs running,when it gives you the option turn offf visual themes and also try running in compatibility for an older windows os
Reply:If you are on a laptop, You should have fn (function key.) Hold that down like the shift key and look up at the F1 - F12 keys up at the top for their fn functionality. there should be one for resizing the Window size for the game.





Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment