Saturday, May 22, 2010

How to mount ntfs partitions in linux:fedora core 5?

I need to mount ntfs partitions, but when i gave the following command


"mount -t ntfs /dev/hdc1 /mnt/c"


its not recognizing ntfs.


can anybody please tell me how to fix this





I also tried using KDE's file browser


it was showing all the partitions but on double click was saying that "premission denied"


i logged in as root so dont know what permission it was asking

How to mount ntfs partitions in linux:fedora core 5?
I mounted my ntfs partition with the following in my /etc/fstab





/dev/hda1 /media/hda1 ntfs


defaults,nls=utf8,umask=007,


gid=46 0 1





I'm running Ubuntu and my Ubuntu forum provided my solution.


Suggest you go to your fedora forum for directions.


No comments:

Post a Comment