Friday, July 31, 2009

WIch is the most used tool for C++ game programming?

What tools are used by the professional game creators such as |id| or JoWooD?I have writed a FPS in C++ but know ya i need a professional tool!Now i use dev-cpp.If anybody can help me ...

WIch is the most used tool for C++ game programming?
I've talked with some people and they seem to almost exclusively use Visual Studio. It really is the best program Microsoft have made. I know Mike McShaffry is using it and that it is almost a standard these days. If you are a member of a university then you might have access to the MSDNAA and be able to download a free copy (the newest, 2005), but you cannot write commercial code with it.





The next best in my opinion is Dev-CPP though. All in all if your use to Dev-CPP you might want to stick with it, as all these tools are, are a glorified text editor and compiler combo with useful features to speed up you work flow (well done on coding the FPS by the way, vector and matrix math can be very though, unless you used OGRE or something similar, email me with any problems you might have and I'll try to help you fix them).





EDIT: The main reason I like Vis is the IDE Debugger, it makes my life a hell of a lot easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment