Sunday, August 2, 2009

I would like to learn Assembly... so...?

I would like to learn the Assembly programming language, so I want to know of what Assemblers you use and which one you think is best. :) I would like to be able to download the Assembler free on the internet... If you could give a link that would be great.





Then I think I will need a compiler? Links for those would be great too. :)





If there are any Assemblers that come with a compiler sort of like Dev-C++ I would rather have that than an Assembler and a different compiler.





And finally, if you know of any good Assembler tutorials on the internet, could you give me some links for those? Or books?





Thanks!

I would like to learn Assembly... so...?
Masm32 is probably the more popular one (for Windows), most available source code online seems to have been done it in. It comes with a decent simple IDE:


http://www.masm32.com/





I havn't messed with this stuff in a long time, but books I read always started out just using Debug. But I don't have any books handy I can recommend.





Assembler is cool to learn about, you'll learn a lot more about how your computer really works. It's really useless for most practical applications, however. Remember, it technically is not even a "programming language", but representative machine code.


No comments:

Post a Comment